Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Dead Man's Rottweiler




Petfinder Page on this dog.

Montgomery County, MD Humane Society's Page - See dog Oct 2:4

It was October 2, when Jason and I were working in section 27, and told Al and his partner Mary? to hit our section because there were a lot of dogs that we were seeing. About an hour later we got a call from them asking us to come to Miro St. to pick up this Rottie, for they had to wait for the police. Then not only found the Rottweiler on the second story porch, but unfortunatley found the owner dead inside. I put my name on her to adopt her, for I love Rottweilers and she was very depressed and I thought it would be hard for her to find a home to nurture her out of her depression. She didn't like to go anywhere. She had to be dragged. Last I heard she was in a foster home in Maryland, and they have first option of adopting her. That is fine with me. I have recently found my female Rottie doesn't like other females in the house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Smigell said...

Al was with Jessica Stevens at the time. That dog was mentally in bad shape when we took it back to triage. It wouldn't even look at you.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home