Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Puppy Explosion

Lately we are averaging 70 puppies! Don't belive me? Take a look at the photos, and a few are out being spayed or neutered, and as I write this, two more just arrived at 11:05 pm. I personally know where there are four more mothers, I just don't know where their dens are. I mentioned this to Sarah in passing. She said, "Yeah, I know where there are a few." So if each trapper knows and average of four mothers, and there are seven or more trappers, that makes 28 mothers.... average 5 pups, 140 puppies out there, that we know of... Hum and there are a few we know of that are pregnant. Best Friends is only taking in animals until mid-February, and shutting down Celebration Station at the end of February. I believe that is when the lease is up, and someone else has purchased the building. Can we do it all by then? Well no, but we are very short on volunteers as it is, so you can't keep running on empty forever. If anyone can fill us up with volunteers, COME.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home