Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Monday, January 30, 2006

Providence and her pups


After no sighting all day, except for the pregnant chow, who eluded us again, we finally got a good tip on a ma and pups. We located the house just after dusk, and luckily she was there with her pups. She was very sweet and calm when we approached her. She only put up a fuss when we began removing her puppies. Still she seems to know that she was in safe hands. When we first approached her I check out the choke chain that had been caught around her front leg. I had seen senerio before. I called Ethan our Best Friends trapping coordinator to see what to do about the situation. Should I bring her right to the emergency vet. He asked if it was embedded. From my cursory look, it did not seem embedded, but I didn't poke around much, not knowing how she would react, escpecially since we just removed her and her pups from her den. So the decision was to bring her in and we could cut off the chain.

When she arrived at the station the intake people found that yes, it was embedded. They cut the chain off of her, and I believe she will visit a vet tomorrow to have the rest removed. Thank heavens we got to her before it got any worse! She is a wonderful mother with five beautiful pups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home