Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What are the odds? 78 to 1?



What are the odds of capturing a second mother with a choke chain slipped under one of her legs and embedded into her chest right after the one last night? Maybe it is time to play the lottery. The infection smelled! She is off to SAF. The six very newborn pups are here being hand fed while she is off being taken care of.

The mother from yesterday got an evening visit last night from an SAF vet, and is off having surgery today.

Lisa has informed me that the puppy count is up to a new record of 78 with these five that just came in. The previous record was 73. Below is a picture of Brenda who joined me for two days doing rescue. Bill and Kris are working with me through til midweek. An Barb is back from Nebraska! Yeah! I just picked her up a the airport at 3:30 - we will be going out in the field again in about half an hour (4:30). Barb is to valuable to let rest for the evening, of course I know I will have to Ketch pole her into the car to get her to go out! If you belive that I will tell you another one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home