Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blessed, like many we have rescued!

Some of you may have noticed that I have stopped posting stories. That is because I decided it was best that I leave New Orleans. There isn't much that would have made me leave early, but sometimes life surprises you. Celebration Station is slated to close down at the end of February, and trapping ending for Best Friends around the 15th, but one little thing did push me to go home early. It seems that my husbands visit in mid-January was a productive one, and I have been blessed, like many of the dogs my team has rescued, with motherhood.

Barb Davis and Carol Guzy are still down there, so I am trying to get updates from them. I understand there are people out there who are taking bolt cutters to our traps and taking sledge hammers to them. I can't imagine people so cruel. Maybe they are just uneducated in what we are doing. I am very disappointed the the group Common Ground out in the 9th ward. They have repeatedly been told that we are a no-kill group, rescuing dogs, giving them vet care and finding them homes, but still somehow dogs are continuing to be released from the traps set in that area. Of course no one has seen them do it, but when there are footprints leading up to the trap, and they are the only ones in the area, what is one to believe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home