Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Thursday, July 20, 2006

July thoughts...

It is almost a year after Katrina first hit New Orleans.  I never cried when I was down there.  There was no time.  I just focused on the task at hand.  Now I see my photos, my friends photos, and videos, and I hurt deep in my heart.  The thing that bites the most is that the devastation is still there today, July 20, 2006.  Even though Best Friends pushed the local animal politicians and stayed until the end of February 2006, I know there are some lost souls still out there.  My nightmares are about the ones that got away.


On the flipside of things. Animals will now be evacuated with people, and sheltered. The animal rescue community has grown stronger. Here are a few of the great people I worked with. This photo was taken about a month ago while we attended the HSUS conference.


Top two rows from left to right, Peter, Corolla, Brian, Joe, David, Carol, Colleen, Me - Rachel with Josh in the belly, Lynda, Barb (hiding), Al's Son


Down front, Al (holding award from Lousiana Humane Society), Sarah with Trixie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home