Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tank - Rottweiler in need...

The month of February so far has been a real challenge for Pits And Rotts For Life Rescue, Inc. At the beginnning of the month we were at 28 dogs in rescue, which is duable. As of this morning, with all the emergencies coming in (the Stop Sign Babies, Shayla, Chavo-long story) we were at 32 dogs.


Then comes the call today. My boyfriend called me and said "uh, we have a problem here" I asked him what it was (so you understand, I live in a residential townhouse community). He said "there is a group of kids outside and they're not leaving till you get here, and they have a Rottweiler with them" I asked my BF what they wanted. He said "they found this rottie abused, neglected and hungry and they want to give him to you to take care of him" What was I supposed to do, tell him to tell the kids to go away? I told him to give them my card, with my number on it, and call me. They went to a neighbor somewhere around my way, and the neighbor called and said they have this rott that has been very neglected, when am I coming to pick it up. I told the man to take him to my vet and we'll take care of it.


Tank is at the vets office and yes, he is neglected, 40 lbs underweight, 6-7 yrs old and smells terrible. What am I supposed to do with this dog? I have NO ROOM at all, NO available fosters, NO funds for boarding/vetting, NO where to put him and NO one adopting now, especially a 6-7 yr old Rottie.


I have to make a decision quickly since he is at the vets office. They need to do the vaccines or he has to leave. I have NO where to take him to. All rescues are packed, and the ones I did talk to said they won't take him since he's older and their slow on adoptions right now.


CAN YOU HELP US SAVE TANKS LIFE????? Please help us to vaccinate, neuter and heartworm test him so he can stay at the vets office for a while and then HOPEFULLY, we'll find somewhere for him to go. As you'll see in the pics, Tank has a few other medical issues we will have to deal with, but right now we have to figure out where he can go. Thank you for any help you can give us towards saving Tank.
It is greatly appreciated by the humans and the dogs.


If you are able to help, please go to www.pitsandrottsforlife.petfinder.com and use any one of the paypal links. Or you can go to paypal.com and use pitsrotts4life@aol.com as our address



HE NEEDS SURGERY ON HIS EYES, BUT WE'LL DEAL WITH THAT LATER

HE IS 40 LBS UNDERWEIGHT (NOTHING WILL EVER COMPARE TO SHAYLA)

HE HAS A PATCH OF FUR MISSING FROM HIS LEG

HE HAS A LUMP THAT HAS BEEN PUNCTURED

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

Rachel, do you have an update on Tank?

Thanks!

Jacki
Rat Terrier ResQ
http://www.RatTerrierResQ.com

5:14 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Rachel, do you have an update on Tank?

Thanks!

Jacki
Rat Terrier ResQ
http://www.RatTerrierResQ.com

5:18 PM  
Blogger Rachel H. McKay said...

He was eventually adopted. This was my first contact with this group and I have to say they turned down a lot of vet offers to help that seemed very strange, so I will not be working with them again.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home