Dog Busters - Disaster Animal Rescue

Originally started with stories and photos from rescuing animals in New Orleans after Katrina hit.... and then some of the efforts still going on years later, and new disasters. You are welcome to email me with questions etc. - griffinsgallery at verizon

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Judgements...

I saw this on craigslist, and asked the author if I could post it. It is another case of owners fighting to get their dog back. Many local people know about the fight for a dog in Doylestown, this one again is local - Landsdale, PA.


Rescue groups, please read this.

Reply to: tokdl@yahoo.com
Date: 2006-07-29, 1:02PM CDT


Greeetings everyone... I am one of the very many who have lost, not my pet, but my mothers GSD. He was rescued by an unknown rescue group, I kind of think it may have been EARS, but not sure. My point is this... for quite some time now, I have seen and delt with the fact that a great deal (NOT ALL) rescuers see that most of the pets that were left behind, do not deserve to be reunited with their owners, in some instances that may be true, if the dog had extensive heart worm damage or existing illnesses, but other than that, I do not understand this. I for one adore my guys to no end... A GSD, Lab, and Golden mix, all of them came with me, including a heafty nap sack filled with everything from their medical records to Nutro treats to two 40lbs. bags of Beneful. The very sad part of the story was that as hard as I tryed, I was unable to take my mothers GSD, who I was just as close to as my own three (Now four, fostering a Beagle mix.) For some time I have been working with both my male and my mothers male to get along with each other in case such a problem like the storm we had arose, their had been a good bit of progress in getting them to work well with each other as one male was submissive. The fact was that it was to soon, and the males were very very agressive towards each other, especialy around two females. I was left with the disgusting choice to abandon Ragnar my mothers GSD at home... to the rescuers that feel that people here do not deserve their pets back... do you have any clue on earth how that feels? To HAVE to leave your guy behind to deal with such a fate? Its like leaving your brother behind. That was one of the most difficult things I had to do in quite a while... now that is only one situation, their were many reason why folks had to leave pets behind, others (after the storm) had to leave their pets behind because rescuers of the folks, could not take pets, thats just plain messed up, some situations I agree were unnecessary and they could have taken pets, but then again, quite a few are not as dedicated to animals as other, and for that very reason I want to thank each and every rescuer that helped and poured in countless hours into rescueing animals, God knows I wish I could have and would have done so with out hesitation. After hearing about the leves failing, I imeditaely put out multipul requests asking for aid for my mothers GSD, to EARS, Stelth, local SPCA, and every group that I could come across. Luckily, he was indeed rescued, and I am VERY greatful for that, I have since found him in PA. @ Pet Molly's who has since adopted him out and refuses to give him back, and I am now legaly trying to re unite him with his rightful pac. His profile was never publicly displayed so I could find him, until a rescurer was able to find him in a file that only she could acess. So my point is this... just because you have rescued many animals, I think it is unfair to instanly judge the family of that pet you have rescued, you do not or did not know the entire story for why you had to rescue that animal. You have decided to do somthing very very responsable and comendable, but that does not make you a god, I have done the same thing in quite a few cases, but nothing on the scale you guys have done. In my case, I left a great deal of food for my guy, as well as water, he had enough room to take care of him self for aprox. three days maybe more, the fact was, no one could predict the leves would fail, and the entire city would be submurged, I know I did't. Theirs very very little that I would not do for my guys, and I am NOT one to leave an animal behind, but the fact of the mater is, I was put in a situation that I had no choice but to so, I loaded my blazer almost to the bumper stops with things id need just for a few days, turns out I ended up on the road for eight, and yes I snuck my three large guys in hotel rooms and was asked to leave one because I had them. So I was uncomfortable for most of the time, but God knows id do it again and If I could have taken Ragnar and been a bit more uncofotable I would have. Im just saying that I think that the owners who are putting in a great effort to try and be reunited with their pets deserve them back with out the judgement and shame, their were so many diff. situations its unfair to judge anyone given the lack of information about that family YOU think does not deserve that pet back. But regardless of all that I have said, I for one am extremely greatful for each and every rescue group that showed up and put in the time effort and took on the BS from the local and not so local law enforcement because I know you got it, I did after the storm, because I did do my part, and am still feeding strays to this day.

(The Kennel refered to here is http://www.mollyscountrykennels.com/ in Lansdale, PA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home